STOP SMART METERS HARINGEY
About Our Campaign
1. Which Smart Meter(s) are you focused on?
We are guided by our neighbours and residents. Our focus is on Smart Water “Meters” but not exclusively.
2. Did your complaint dated 3 July 2016 result in a residents’ meeting?
Yes! The residents’ meeting took place on 16 August 2016 7-9pm at Tottenham Community Sports Centre, N17.
3. Why do you have a Code of Conduct?
Our Campaign is peaceful, respectful and law-abiding. In return, we expect the Water, Gas and Electric companies to behave in a lawful manner by upholding the “STOP Notice” where the owner/occupant does not consent to the installation of any Smart “Meter”.
4. I don’t live in the London Borough of Haringey?
Please download the “Info Pack” and “Complaint Templates” and start a Smart “Meter” Awareness Campaign in your area. Click HERE
5. Where do I research Smart “Meters”?
For the advantages, please go to the websites of the Water, Gas and Electric companies that you are a customer of.
For the disadvantages, please go to the “Research” page of our website.
6. How often do you update your supporters?
Roughly every three months via the 38 Degrees platform.
7. How do you describe your campaign in one sentence?
Full disclosure of material risks of Smart “Meters” to enable informed decision-making.
About our Website
8. Do you have permission to link to other campaigning organisations in the UK and overseas?
Yes. We have written permission and will credit the source using hyperlink (see our “Research” page of our website).
9. Do I need permission to link to your website?
No. You’re very welcome to link to our website (use hyperlink).
10. Do I need permission to use your images and literature on our website?
No. If you want to use our files (denoted by the prefix “SSMH”), please use hyperlink so that full and clear credit is given to Stop Smart Meters Haringey.
11. What is strictly prohibited?
The unauthorised use and/or duplication of material from this site without express and written permission from this site’s author is strictly prohibited.