STOP SMART METERS HARINGEY
What is a Smart Meter?
A smart meter is a wireless digital device that records consumption of electricity, gas and water in intervals of an hour or less and communicates that information at least daily back to the utility for monitoring and billing.
Why “Stop Smart Meters Haringey”?
Haringey residents have six concerns about the Smart Meter installation programme:
1. Not being consulted prior to installation;
2. Not compulsory;
3. Penalise poor people who live in crowded homes;
4. Significant risk to the health of humans, animals, pollinators, trees and all life on earth;
“10. The World Health Organisation’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) categorised Radio Frequency Electro Magnetic Fields (RF EMFs) as a possible CARCINOGEN (Group 2B) – the same as lead, DDT, chloroform & methylmercury (31 May 2011)”.
5. Surveillance of electricity, gas and water usage; and
6. Security risk through hacking (“cybercrime”).
Join us to empower Haringey residents make an “informed decision” on Smart Meters!