STOP SMART METERS HARINGEY
What is a Smart “Meter”?
A smart “meter” is a wireless digital device that records consumption of electricity, gas and water in intervals of an hour or less and communicates that information at least daily back to the utility for monitoring and billing.
The “Sensus 640C/640MC” Smart Water “Meter” is being installed in Haringey.
“…..Foreign matter present in the water is filtered out by either the tubular strainer on the inlet or the seat strainer…..”. There is also an unlabelled cross section of the device (p.2).
The 640C is being installed in Fixed Radio Network Communication Mode at the frequency of 433Mhz (p.4).
The video below is of radiation emissions being measured from a UK Smart Energy Meter!
Why “Stop Smart Meters Haringey”?
Haringey residents have seven concerns about the Smart Meter installation programme:
1. Not being consulted prior to installation;
2. Not compulsory (?);
3. Penalise poor people who live in crowded homes;
4. Risk to the health of humans, animals, pollinators and plants;
“10. The World Health Organisation’s International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) categorised Radio Frequency Electro Magnetic Fields (RF EMFs) as a possible cancer-causing agent (Group 2B) – the same as lead, DDT, chloroform & methylmercury (31 May 2011).
11. Dr Andrew Goldsworthy’s research warned that electromagnetically-conditioned water flow could strip lead from pipes (after firstly removing limescale) leading to lead poisoning. (1998, 2007, 2012 and 2016).
Yamabhai, Chumseng, Yoohat and Srila, Thailand. Results suggest that electromagnetic-treated water can have diverse biological effects on both animal and plant cells. Findings warrant further investigation (2013).
24. Swiss Re has classified RF EMFs as “Overall Impact: High” and “Timeframe: >10 years” (June 2013: SONAR Emerging risk insights). CFC Underwriting Limited (a member of Lloyds of London) has a general insurance exclusion (Clause 32) on RF EMFs (2015).
28. Scientists have widely refuted claims that Smart “Meters” are “green”.”
Source: Here (see “Notice of Non-Consent for “Smart” Meter Installation, Notice of Liability”)
5. (“Big Brother“) Spying device to record your electricity, gas and water usage every hour or less;
6. Security risk through (nuclear) electromagnetic pulse attacks, space weather and hacking (“cybercrime”). Potentially catastrophic because water is the essence of life; and
7. Remote Disconnection.